Strategic Roundtable Discussions with the President of Niger, His Excellency Mahamadou Issoufou, and the rest of the Nigerien delegation, at the U.S. Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. on Monday, August 4th, 2014 – during the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit.
The historic event was hosted by Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee.
A SUMMARY OF THE ROUNDTABLE:
1. Senior members of the President Issoufou’s Delegation in attendance included:
a) H.E Mohamed Bazoum – Senior Minister of State and Minister of Foreign Affairs
b) H.E. Amadou Boubacar Cisse – Minister of State and Senior Minister of Planning
c) H.E. Karidjo Mahamadou – Minister of Defense
d) H.E. Saidou Sidibe – Minister Chief of Staff of the President
e) H.E. Alma Oumarou – Minister of Trade & Private Sector Promotion
f) H.E. Dr. Maman Sidikou – Ambassador of Niger to United States
2. Over 30 U.S.-based Business Leaders and Government Officials attended the Congressional Roundtable Discussion, including top Oil & Gas Executives like Dr. Kase Lawal (CAMAC Energy); Mr. Sola Oyinlola (Schlumberger); Mr. Michael Harness (Osyka Corporation); as well as Power Generation Executives like Mr. Joe Vickers (Unified Electrics) and Mr. Hal Pontez (HPI, Inc.); and major Pipeline Development Executive like Mr. Dale LeFebvre (Benton Pipeline Company). The Roundtable was also attended by The Honorable Madam Bisa Williams (former Ambassador of U.S. to Niger) and several members of Congress – The Honorable Karen Bass (California), The Honorable Robin Kelly (Illinois), and Brad Sherman (California).
3. Several of the U.S.-based Executives expressed much interests to expand their knowledge about partnership opportunities in Niger, and have asked us to design an official trade delegation to visit Niger very soon.
4. His Excellency, President Mahamadou Issoufou, has agreed to visit our vibrant City of Houston this year, upon the Rep. Jackson Lee’s invitation.
5. And The Honorable Minister of Energy & Oil – Mr. Foumakoye GADO, was officially invited as a Special Guest speaker during the 44th Congressional Black Caucus Annual Legislative Conference “Energy Braintrust” forum in late September 2014.