The Houston Black Leadership Institute (HBLI) is an intentional development program for the next generation of African American leadership in the city of Houston. HBLI aims to develop the city’s best and brightest young professionals, cultivating a cadre of individuals who are capable and willing to positively affect the social and economic problems facing our communities.
The intense nine (9) month program features training modules focused on Diversity, Collaboration, Personal and Professional Development, Houston’s Black History, and Strategic Planning. In addition, participants are exposed to mentors and complete various comprehensive projects, designed to promote community awareness and personal growth.
The HBLI ultimately seeks to develop and sustain a system of succession planning for African American leadership in the city of Houston.
To develop, engage, and sustain a continuous pipeline of active leadership in the Houston community that advances the direction of the city politically and economically.
The objectives of the Houston Black Leadership Institute shall be to:
- Identify dynamic individuals who have demonstrated professional and civic engagement
- Equip a cohort of individuals with innovative skills and tools
- Create a bridge between past, present and future leadership
- Ensure the needs of the community align with actions of our leaders
Module Topics & Themes
- The History of the Black Community in Houston
- Personal & Professional Development
- Politics & Policy
- Strategic Planning
- Systems & Collaboration: Relationship between Business, Government, & Community and much more…
- Young professionals between ages 25-35*
- At least an undergraduate degree
- Have post-graduate work experience
- Demonstrated community involvement
- Demonstrated volunteerism
- Demonstrated leadership or leadership potential
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Make a Donation
If you wish to make a donation please select the button below.