In the most uncertain of times, the Greater Houston Black Chamber is committed to ensuring that you have the most credible information possible. Use these official resources for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Life Savers Emergency Room
- (832) 604-6115
- Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care
- (281) 325-1010
- (888) 258-3734
Public Health Updates
World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Harris County Public Health
- (832) 927-7575 – 9AM – 7PM
- Harris Health System
- Ask-My-Nurse – Call line for everyday clinical-related questions
- (713) 634-1110 – 9AM – 7PM
Fort Bend County
- Fort Bend County Health & Human Services
- (281) 633-7795 -8AM – 5PM, M-F
- Watch Houston Television (HTV) – City of Houston’s Municipal Channel For Relevant Information and Press Conferences
- City of Houston Health Department
- Houston Health Department
- (832) 393-4220 – 9AM – 7PM, M-F, 9AM – 3PM on Sat.
Disaster Resilience Resources:
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury because of the Coronavirus. This includes both for profit and non-profit organizations. To apply online, please visit the SBA website at www.sba.gov
U.S Department of Labor has announced new guidance outlining flexibilities that states have in administering their unemployment insurance programs to assist those affected by the current outbreak of COVID-19.
The new guidelines mean that artists and performers affected by the outbreak may be eligible for what’s called Disaster Unemployment Assitance (DUA), which provides unemployment benefits for individuals as a direct result of COVID-19.
Texas Workforce Commission
Please visit the Texas Workforce Commission website for more information about Disaster Unemployment Assistance.
Governor Abbott Requests Emergency Designation For Small Business Disaster Loans From U.S. Small Business Administration
OSHA Guidelines Regarding COVID-19
Why Staying Home Saves Lives – A story from various health experts. (USA Today_
Five resources that can help small businesses navigate during this time. (U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
Chamber Chat Webinar Series
Tune in online each Tuesday & Thursday for Chamber Chat, where you’ll learn the latest business strategies, tips and expert advice to help your business stay healthy during this COVID-19 crisis.