Seeking Candidates for Pinnacle Awards Consultant Opportunity
For the past 19 years, the Greater Houston Black Chamber (GHBC) has hosted the Pinnacle Awards honoring excellence, tenacity and dedication of entrepreneurial spirit in the African-American business community. The award ceremony was created to recognize outstanding African American businesses in the greater Houston area. The Pinnacle Awards are the most prestigious awards in honor of Black-owned businesses.
GHBC is seeking consulting services to assist in coordinating all aspects of the 2014 Pinnacle Awards. Interested parties should forward a company overview and/or personal bio to firstname.lastname@example.org for receipt no later than Monday, June 30, 2014. Information will not be accepted for evaluation after the June 30, 2014 deadline.
- Serves as liaison between GHBC, sponsors, vendors, venues, contractors, and volunteers with regards to all facets of the logistical operations support of The Pinnacle Awards e.g. souvenir journal, marketing collateral, marketing materials, public relations, etc.
- Provides turnkey production of the Pinnacle Awards, including the management of invitations/RSVP’s/ticket sales process, coordination of menu selection, supervision of AV elements and team, and the management of security, valet parking, decorations, room/lounge/reception layout, and all other components
- Implements GHBC approval terms with facilities and vendors for services, in accordance with budget constraints and policies and procedures.
- Monitors and coordinates accounting activities as appropriate, and prepares internal reports for management; participates in budget planning and management, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Guides and recommends to GHBC processes, affiliations, and tactics that will ensure flawless execution.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Applicants MUST be located in the Houston Area.
- MUST have experience working as meeting/event planner, including a track record of dinner and entertainment affairs with 200+ attendees
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation a plus (but not required).
- GHBC member a plus (but not required).
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong budgeting skills.
- Ability to understand vendor contracts.
- Experience dealing with event sponsors.
- Ability to work independently or as a team when needed.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to identify and develops solutions to a variety of problems; ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Ability to manage vendors.
- Ability to work with a variety of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ongoing vigilance in the pursuit of ways to improve work and processes.